Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What's a Running Giant?


Welcome to Running Giants. What's the hell is a Running Giant? At 6'3" 236 Pounds; me. We are called Clydesdales at some running/cycling/triathlon events. The Clydesdale class is for dudes over 200 pounds (there's also the Athena class for dames over 160 pounds). Some events have different weights for these classes. But most events with these classes that I've seen you the 200/160 numbers.

The goal of this blog is to chronicle the training of two Running Giants: Randy Dormans and me, Chris Neuhahn. We also hope to gather information related to being a giant who runs.

My events of choice are obstacle courses like Tough Mudder and Warrior Dash. I'm branching out however with my first 1/2 marathon (Pasadena) in May, second 1/2 this Saturday (Heartbreak Ridge) and my first full marathon (Santa Clarita) in November.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment