Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hell Week: Tuesday

Trying to run 20 Miles for the 1st time after yesterday's workouts (especially the 4.5 miles of near sprint intervals) was not a great idea. But it wouldn't be Hell Week if it didn't suck.

Taking inspiration from Randy I mapped out a 5 mile loop. I was already struggling by the end of the 2nd loop. I walked about 1/3 of loop three. I could only run a few hundred yards at a time here and there on the last loop. It was basically a disaster with an average pace of 14 minutes. Post run tonnage: 230 lbs

But it would be Hell Week if the suck stopped there. So after recouping for 6 hours I popped the three blisters in between my toes and did a 1/2 Murph. The Murph is a Crossfit exercise named after Lt. Michael Murphy who was killed in Afghanistan. It consists of 1 Mile Run, 100 Pull Ups, 200 Push Ups, 300 Squats, and another mile run. I did the miles on either side of half of the Pull Ups, Push Ups and Squats.

4000+ calories burned today.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things that I like about running 15 or 20 miles on a five mile loop is that I have the opportunity to stop every five miles so you have to play a little mind game to keep going...it makes it tough when you're having a bad run. Nice job on finishing the full distance.

    ReplyDelete