Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bootcamp Challenge

Time: 27 Minutes. Current Tonnage: 233 lbs.

Nothing like a giant doing an 8:29/mile pace and jumping over hay bails only to have a ripped dude in a Smokey the Bear hat yell at you, "This is a race! Maybe you should run. Move it!" A simple step up over a hay bail without breaking pace really tests your stamina. Then came the 2 and 3 bail stacks. And that was the first mile.

Mile 2 really chews you up. Unlike an event like Warrior Dash the Bootcamp Challenge has most of its obstacles in the 2nd mile. Run through water spray, jump over logs, go under logs, through tunnels, belly crawl in the sand, walls, more logs and more Drill Instructors (60 in all).

The last mile was more like the first.

I'm happy with my time. I would have been OK with that time for a regular old 5K a couple of months ago. But I think I could have better.

No comments:

Post a Comment