Monday, September 26, 2011

Loopy

I ran three loops yesterday for my long run,  a total of 15 miles.  I have a five mile loop that I like, so I pretty much always run in five mile increments.  That's right, I run the same five mile course with rare exception.  People wonder if I get bored running the same course everyday. The same course?  Hell it's never the same twice; different people, conditions, time of day, etc.  And if I run it in reverse, it's entirely different!  Sometimes I run intervals by alternating sprinting and jogging between landmarks, sometimes I set my sights on someone running ahead of me and try and chase them down.  Seriously I don't get bored, I've never run with head phones, or sought out the company of others while running...I don't get bored running.  I like to listen to my body and be in tune with my surroundings.  It's not that I don't like running new roads, I just prefer being able to get out and do it without trying to figure out where I'm going or how far I've gone.  Anyway, today's run was good, the first loop was exceptionally overcast and cool.  It was the first run this year that really felt like Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment