Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rainy Morning

This morning I woke up to a wet and windy day.  I thought, "I don't need to run, I'm pretty much set for this weekends race"  After a while on the couch I thought "maybe I'll run on the treadmill"  A little longer and I thought "what the hell am I thinking, it's only rain!  Then I imagined R. Lee Ermey in my face screaming "There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people."  Why R. Lee Ermey?  Because I watched Prefontaine  a while back and he played the role of Bill Bowerman who the above quote is attributed to.
I got off my ass, threw on a sweatshirt ( yes a sweatshirt, made of cotton, not some high tech, space age polymer, moisture wicking, GPS enabled, precipitation shielding device...A SWEATSHIRT!) and headed out the door.  Once I got out there I remembered how much I enjoy running in the rain.  BTW, the sweatshirt was not needed, all that wattage that Chris was talking about is the same as heat and we giants generate a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment