Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Are You More Powerful Than a Giant?

No. Probably not.

"What," you may ask, "if I'm Patrick Makau Musyoki, world record holder. My marathon time was 2:03:38 in Berlin"

Nope. Not even . . . OK. You have me there. I hope you enjoyed your German Engineered Electrolyte Replacement Drink at the end, Patrick.

Before you get too smug lets talk kilowatt hours and joules. You see, Patrick weighs a scant 123.2 pounds. I currently strain the scale at 225.7. I don't have a marathon time so I'll compare half times. My most recent half time was 2:25:58 at a weight of 235 (not counting my camel back). In total output measured in kilo joules that puts Patrick at 11,832.26 and me at 22,569.64.

So in total output we Giants smoke that punk!

That's not the full tale unfortunately. In Kilowatt Hours he runs 3.4 and me 2.6.

But let's compare mortals with mortals. A 150 runner doing 1:30 half marathon is doing slightly 2.6 kw/h. An hour faster for the same output.

So be a prideful Giant.

No comments:

Post a Comment