Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's been a while...

but I have been running.  I missed the Santa Clarita Marathon last month and was kind of bummed out as a result.  I had been looking forward to running the fist full marathon on my home course; I'd run the half marathon six times before.  I've been running consistently though and well, but the LA marathon was the next race on the horizon and seems too far off.  I decided that i needed some races in between now and then to have some goals to shoot for.  There are a slew of half marathons in my area coming up in the next few months.  Slew? Hmm,  I don't think I've used that before.  At least not in writing. 
Any way,  I just signed up for the Rose Bowl Half on January 22, 2012.  I ran this race last year five weeks after breaking a rib.  I felt horrible, and ran a minute a mile slower than I had run the Santa Clarita half a few months earlier but some how managed to win the master Clydesdale class.  I wasn't able to stay around long enough to receive my medal though and was surprised to find that i was a bit bummed.  I'd never actually placed first in a running event before, even if it was the fat old guy division!  Anyway, I'm hoping to significantly improve on my time from last year.



Some of the other races I'm considering:

Santa to the Sea.... December 11, 2011. Wow! What a web site, love the Christmas music 8-) The finishers medal is so ugly that I need to have it!  Honestly though, well I'm being honest about the site and the medal, but every time a run a race in Ventura it has a cool vibe to it, they do a good race there.

Los Angeles 13.1...  January 15th, 2012.  I ran this a few years back, nice flat, fast course.

No comments:

Post a Comment